2006年12月20日星期三

Corridor Christmas Party!


We had a Christmas party last night. It was so much fun. I didn't expect that as I am not a party animal. I seldom go to parties unless I know that it will definitely be fun.
What we did last night was we 13 corridor friends gathered together, cooking, eating, drinking and having fun. Though we share one kitchen, we seldom have a chance to meet all the people.
Someone said it was the first time we made it. Each of us cooked one dish and we shared food with each other. Very much like a buffet, we queued for food though only 13 :). Fetched food and drinks and rotated seats from time to time, we got chances to talk to each other. My Swedish friends made exactly the food that they will have for Christmas at home. It's very interesting to know what are they going to eat and to do during the Christmas time.
It's a tradition in Sweden to sing before drinking. I think it's fun and helps a lot to warm up the atmosphere. Last night, we sang a lot and drank a lot, though for most of time, I was just listening to them singing as I barely know a word about Swedish.
After dinner, we circled around our tiny Christmas tree, hand in hand, dancing. That's a very fun part of the party. I didn't know they did like that before. Everybody was happy at that time, though some said mainly kids do that dancing and they haven't done that for quite many years. Most of them couldn't recall some lyrics of the dancing songs.
Yeah, party was all about eating, singing, drinking and dancing.
But what a Christmas party last night!

没有评论: